Top 5 Furniture Choices for First-Time Buyers
Are you setting up your first home? If you don’t know what you’ll need, here is a list of top picks for first-time furniture buyers.
1. BED. You’ll spend about 1/4 of every day in bed, so you should one that’s comfortable and well constructed. Choose the best quality one you can afford. When you’re shopping for a bed, think about the proper size, firmness, and surface.
2. TABLE TO EAT ON. Most dining tables are round or rectangular, but you might start out with a square or round that extends to seat more for starters.
3. DINING CHAIRS. They should be comfortable enough so that you can sit for a long dinner and visit with friends. Wooden chairs are inexpensive, but upholstered chairs would be more comfortable. You can always put a slipcover over an upholstered chair to change the look for seasonal touches.
4. GREAT SOFA. Sofas come in many shapes, styles, fabrics, and costs. Select the best one you can afford. Next, to a bed, it will be your most important upholstered piece.
5. CHEST OF DRAWERS. A chest of drawers is useful in a bathroom for supplies and linens, a bedroom for clothes, a living room for games, CDs, books, or office supplies, or in a hallway or entry for scarves, gloves, and hats. Select a piece that’s both classic and versatile.
These 5 furniture are at the top of the list. The Primes,the basics. Perfect pieces for a first-timer.